Today, I heard something that may throw a spanner in the works..It's not exactly bad news. My boss, who's currently staying in that estate casually asked me when I will be moving in and whether I've started renovation works. When I told him, he said "I think you shouldn't spend too much on your reno first!". He told me that all the residents there had received a flyer. Apparently, the management commitee had received an enbloc offer but they felt it was too low and rejected it. BUT, in view of the recent enbloc fever going on, they are deciding to pitch the entire development to the big players and are somewhat optimistic that they could receive a decent offer for it. The site is marked as both a commercial and residential so there's huge potential. There will be a meeting sometime in July to update the residents on the status of the enbloc negotiations..
Hmm..i'm not exactly over the moon when I heard this..Yeah, there's potential for us to make some quick buck out of this and we would be considered quite fortunate to do so because we only signed the letter of offer in Dec last year. But I had been so looking forward to moving there. Well, it's not a guarantee that an enbloc will take place, especially since this is a huge estate with over 600 units and
Oh well, not sure what to do now. I guess we probably will wait for more info before we officially move over. Actually, even if the enbloc doesn't work out, I'll be really fine with it 'coz I really do love the place and it fits well with our future plans (a good school nearby for Aidan)..